lmheck13 @ gmail.com
MNU: Bachelors of Management and Human Relations Degree
Minors: MFT and Associates in Psychology
Current Employment History:
Learn Others Inside Secrets: A website design and marketing company. 2010 – Current
Clients under this past and present:
USABP – October 2014 – 2018 – Managing Director of Membership and Director of Operations
Sanders & Johnson, Inc – Marketing Manager and Website Development – 2016 to current
Somatic Psychotherapy Today – 2015 – to current – Social Media, Website and Marketing 2015-2018 – October 2018 now Managing Partner
Dr. Alex Diaz (SportsMentalEdge) – Social Media Marketing Manager
Vintage in KC – Shawnee, KS – social and website development
FOP 50 –Chpt 3 – Social and Web
SnapShot Shenanigans – Event Mirror Photo Booth – August 2018 to current
Windy Acres, LLC
West Central MO Police Wives – President
The Top Shop Shawnee
Just Ask Lois – Independent Travel Agent – Owner
Past Employment History:
Alcatraz Storage and Self-Storage College – Indiana 4 years
Director of Operations and Events Same job description as Self Storage Profits.
Self Storage Profits, Inc – Indiana 6 years
National speaker for Self Storage Facility Investments
- Handled all day to day activities for the company and outsourced employees
- Replies and follow-thru on email correspondence for Owner
- Processing of orders through website, events or webinars
- Maintaining inventory count and product with fulfillment house
- Direct contact with supplier
- Follow up and contact with Groups and Companies that held webinars
- Setting up webinar, recording, editing and posting
- Return confirmation, accounting and RMA status, followed by Customer contact
- Internal System (InfusionSoft) for all Refunds and Ordering
- Confirmation and Reconciliation on payments to groups, vendors and tracking of coaching payments
- Corporate Account Management for Hotels, Car Rentals & Airlines
HTML/Web or Otherwise related:
- Analytics, reporting and tracking for the main site and all landing pages
- Changes to the main website through Word Press or html and other landing pages when necessary
- Create the sales page if needed for other speakers and post to the site – check the links and make sure the html is right.
- Keyword and meta tag information
- Master Account for all domains and hosting
- researching markets to identify opportunities for events;
- liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements;
- producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- agreeing to and managing a budget;
- securing and booking a suitable venue or location;
- securing and booking all travel needed to the event on corporate card
- ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to;
- coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire;
- identifying and securing speakers or special guests;
- planning room layouts and the entertainment program, scheduling workshops and demonstrations;
- liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event;
- liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organizing the production of printed material;
- coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently;
- post-event evaluation
Customer Discovery – now dissolved, located in Overland Park, Kansas
Office Manager for a website development company offering web services, search engine optimization and lead generation. Company worked directly with large online shopping and information websites such as Ziff Davis, National Mortgage (NMC), Marty’s Shoes and others.
- All interoffice correspondence
- All customer and client relations, phone and in meetings
- Ran, evaluated and processed Search Engine Optimization and Reporting for national companies.
- Worked closely with Global Lead Generation Companies for : CPA, CPC and other Cost Based leads.
- Worked and handled our list brokers
- Accounting for the company on a weekly basis and deposits including Payroll
- Travel, hotel and expenses for partners
Integrity Electric – Office Manager (partners have dissolved)
- Accounting Functions: AP/AR, GL, Bank Reconciliations, Deposits, Forecasting, P&L, Balance Sheet, Job Profitability Analysis, Job Costing, Weekly Reporting for CEO and all customer invoicing.
- HR/Payroll Functions, New Hire Orientation/procedures, Termination Paperwork and compliance, Wage Increases, Payroll for 27 vacation, Military, Benefits: Heath & Dental 401K and FSA Dependent Care and all reporting to proper agencies, liabilities and garnishments and all tax filings.
- Scheduling paperwork, work orders for builders, database of supplies for job site, bid documentation, contact with builders on service calls, warranties and callbacks.
- Ordering and delivery of inventory, materials and supplies for job sites and warehouse
- Vehicle Management: Renewals, Tags, Insurance and Maintenance Schedule – Gas Card maintenance, reporting and payments
- Required Business Documentation: General Liability, Workman’s Comp, City Licenses, Electrical Permits and Contract
- All other general offices duties: customer service, phones, meetings, errands, organization and management
Jacksonville Housing Authority – Accountant 1 – Jacksonville, FL
- Time Sheet Management for all departments and off-site locations for 300+employees
- Accurate entry of all compensated time, absences and administrative leave
- All payroll processes including, DD, PP, ACH and distribution of payroll
- Internal auditing and reporting of payroll
- Project based auditing, analysis and reporting for HUD housing budgets on two properties.
- Reconciliation of various accruals and payroll to GL
- Correspondence and record keeping of employees on Workmans’ Comp, garnishments, deductions for Child Welfare and Support from various states.
- Preparation of tax documents for 941’s and quarterly online reporting for Unemployment
- Worked closely with Human Resources department to insure accurate benefit deductions, salary increases, new hire and terminated employees.
- Accountable for all payables related to payroll including: cities benefit’s programs, in-house payment plans, garnishments, retirement programs, child enforcement and all bank and credit union deposits.
A-1 Stripping, Inc – Office Manager (no longer in business)
- Set up accounting system with Quickbooks Premier
- Established a tracking system for invoicing and job costing
- Maintained budget controls, job material cost and contract negotiations
- Payroll bimonthly, all taxes, benefits, expense reports and union regulations
- Provided professional bids and contract correspondence
- Prompt AR/AP invoicing and collections
- Banking: deposits, reconciliations, cash handling and posting
- Monthly P & L, budget reports, GL, inventory and fixed assets
Argosy Casino – Food and Beverage Manager – Night Shift
- Responsible for management of 20 employees in Fine Dining and Buffet day/evening shift
- Promotional event staffing for High Rollers, Holiday and Monthly Sponsored Events
- Handled shift change/closing, call outs, cash transactions, vault deposits, day/evening ending reporting
- Monitored Cash Loss and Differences
- Customer Satisfaction and maintaining dining areas cleanliness, safely and atmosphere
- Trained staff on computerized register for customer comps and charges
American Legion – Bartender/Clubroom Manager
- All vendor orders, delivery, cost and contracts
- Cash log computer entry, AP/AR on Quickbooks daily
- Worked closely with off-site accountant for accurate monthly and quarter payments for Federal and State agencies
- Contract negotiations for rental of 2 halls for Private functions with hall setup, fee retention and staffing function
- Daily bank deposits, fund disbursement and reconciliation
- Supervised and coordinated efforts for profit and nonprofit functions that Legion and SAL officers utilized clubroom facilities: dinner nights, holiday functions, Saturday night dance.
- Scheduled all special events and maintained club events calendar
- Managed staff of seven employees: scheduling, payroll, benefits and organizations club deductions
Overtime Sports Bar and Grill – Owner
- Designed, built and oversaw all day-to-day operations
- City, State and Federal licenses and all filings for liquor, food and sales tax
- Developed increased clientele base providing: promotion of special events, private parties, tournaments, leagues and vendor entertainment.
- All accounting processes and financial reporting; budget, cash flow, forecasting, P&L, inventory cost and control for F & B
- Supervised staff of 17 employees; Managers, servers, barbacks and Security Included: scheduling, benefit’s, performance reviews, hiring and termination processes.
- Creative problem solving and customer service to ensure clientele satisfaction for increased profitability in competitive venue
- Inspection of building, grounds and equipment maintenance for safety and codes
- Trained staff in Think-Food-Safety and OSHA regulations
- Created and designed logo, advertising, monthly events calendar and coordinated all media promotions